Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Walk Jog Run *Pant*

My sister is training for a half-marathon and runs a silly amount of miles multiple times a week. She tried to get me out "running" with her over the weekend. I went twice and I am already worn out. To be clear - she runs. I do the walk-run-jog thing. And trust me, it's enough. This morning I read in February's Washington Parent that medical professionals recommend that women wait 2.5 to 3 years in between having babies so that their bodies have a chance to heal. Aha! That explains it. I've had 3 babies in 4 years. No wonder I'm a walking wreck. I have to admit though, that exercising outdoors is invigorating and now that it's warming up, it's even better. So I'm going to try to keep the walking-running-jogging up (as long as my joints will let me).

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! THat's awesome. My knees are too old to run so if you can run, do it. Even if you walk, run, jog. Eventually it will be just a run.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin